Kevin Bowe is a guitarist/writer/producer whose songs showed up on 3 platinum records and two Grammy winning albums working with such artists as Jonny Lang, Paul Westerberg, Etta James, Kenny Wayne Shepherd, Leo Kottke, Robben Ford, Lynyrd Skynyrd,Dan Wilson, Richie Sambora, Chuck Prophet, Tommy Castro, John Mayall, Shannon Curfman, Three Dog Night, Delbert McClinton, The Meat Puppets, The Replacements, Freedy Johnston, Joe Cocker and Alison Scott.
Kevin was first discovered by producer David Z in the early ’90′s and wound up signing with publishing legends Jerry Leiber and Mike Stoller. A top 5 single (“Breakin’ Me” with Jonny Lang), songs placed in over 50 films and TV shows including The Sopranos, The Tonight Show, Letterman, production/mixing work for everyone from ESPN to the Meat Puppets and Communist Daughter along with national tours with artists like Paul Westerberg have proven that Kevin can pretty much BS his way into any gig and figure out the rest later.
His collaboration with Alison is the culmination of all these strange experiences; he serves as guitarist, producer, co-writer, manager and janitor.
A two-time recipient of the Minnesota Music Award for best drummer, peterandersondrums has appeared as a drummer/percussionist on over 75 albums, and performed over 1000 shows in North America, South America, Europe, and the Caribbean.
Notable career milestones:
- first band, The Bloods, was together for 13 years.
- owner/operator of a 30” Zildjian ride cymbal.
- witnessed the collapse of the record industry in the late 90’s as an Interscope recording artist sustained by a diet of mostly calamari appetizers.
- wrote a song composed of Herbie Hancock samples for the purpose of having Herbie Hancock perform a solo over the middle eight. Attended the session where HH recorded his solo. This leads to a gig as Whitney Houston’s drum tech.
- gig as assistant engineer at Flowers Studio leads to replacing drum track on the 2007 Brian Setzer Orchestra recording of the Monday Night Fooball theme for ESPN.
- playing drums with Alison Scott for five people at a suburban wine bar leads to opening for Bon Jovi and an audience of 18,000 at the Excel Center in St.Paul.
In addition to being Alison Scott’s drummer since 2006, peterandersondrums also plays with the groups: Polara, The Honeydogs, The Ocean Blue, Freedy Johnston, Okemah Prophets, Willie Wisely Trio, Ryan Traster, and Reccordion.
Justin has been a bass player/singer in the Twin Cities for over a decade. In that time, he has played in front of thousands in amazing outdoor venues and tens in small bars without a stage. He has shared the stage with Grammy winners and platinum selling artists, then driven all night to play with high school band members performing for their theatre production.
His voice and playing have been featured on many recordings, both for commercial use and artists still trying to get noticed. Other sightings around town include gigs with Diamondhead, Mick Sterling and the Irresistibles, Cate Fierro, Kyle Tennis and Riverside Blues, Smokin’ Section and many others.